3.02.2009

A Little Novella


Just a little book I picked up and started reading. 817 pages. I think it's funny that that books are essentially my life outside family and work, yet I haven't posted anything about them here on BTAIM yet.
I'm 423 pages in, and it's starting to get good again. There was a weird shift from family drama to agriculture and communist drama. Now it's back to the romance.
I find it easier to keep the characters straight by aligning them with people I know in real life. I'll protect the innocent though....
Side note: when I mentioned I was reading this fun little Oprah selection (I had completely forgotten about her endorsement, by the way, until searching for an image of the cover art) to my Russian friends they admitted to not having ever read it themselves. One got about half-way. I have to finish. I will finish. Eventually.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You have Russian friends?! :)

Mel said...

Yes....I told you about our crazy melting-pot of a street - Cali, Canada, Russia?

Little Nova said...

So great. I love curling up to a nice little book with a steamy cup of tea. It's like a mini vacation.

Pretty soon I'll have a window seat of my very own to turn into my reading escape!

Let me know if this needs to be on my reading list...

xoxoox