7.10.2010

Interior Art

I believe that having art on the walls, and lots of it, and changing it around often, is the most fun you can have with interior decorating. It keeps things interesting and detracts from the inability to rearrange furniture in a small space, something I've always been fond of doing.

After I moved one art piece out of the dining area, I realized I needed some window valances to draw the eye upward, away from the cluttered dining/craft/sewing/chalkboard table. (Actually, I may have had that idea after I found this amazingly perfect fabric at IKEA, and had to come up with a use for it.)

Textile piece, gifted from the husband, K's canvas art, and a thrift store piece.

An Edie Harper from my grandparents' collection, paintings by me, and a marble painting of K's.

Valances via IKEA fabric. I love love LOVE that you can cut your own yards off the bolt. There is something so satisfying, almost rebellious about that....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My goodness....so pretty! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I've been known to swear and walk away from my sewing machine on more than one occasion! :)