10.26.2010

Pumpkin AND Chocolate?

I'm in!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe adapted from All & Sundry

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 cups sugar
• 1 tbls baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp ground allspice (I omitted)
• 1/8 tsp ground cloves (I omitted)
• 1 cup canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling stuff)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of molasses (I used 1 1/2 T of light corn syrup and brown sugar)
• Some amount of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400˚ and lightly grease a 12 muffin tin (paper liners are even better).

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, and molasses.

Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix. Stir in your desired amount of chocolate chips (I recommend a “shitload”). Fill the muffin cups 2/3s full.

Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.

2 comments:

Jana said...

How were they?

Little Nova said...

Nice! I've been on a pumpkin-raisin kick myself...Rememeber Chunky bars?